Project: Web content creation and management for Family Channel websites
Role: Content Coordinator
– Used Photoshop to create hero images, banners, buttons, ad units, video thumbnails, game thumbnails, character cutouts, and marketing images to populate Family.ca
– Created immersive homepage hero “takeovers” using Photoshopped images and CSS to promote major series launches.
– Managed and scheduled weekly homepage content updates in custom WordPress CMS, including homepage hero boxes, What’s New boxes, Top Videos and Top Games, and Sales or Marketing contest promotions. Ensured homepage was always full and fresh.
– Wrote kid-friendly copy for homepage, show pages, contest pages, and marketing pages.
– Used a combination of custom WordPress CMS and Brightcove CMS to upload and schedule new videos every week, including full episodes and short form content.
– Packaged and uploaded game files to the family.ca website and QA tested new HTML5 and Flash games.